The Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Services’s Annual Meeting is held in October.
Several awards are presented at the annual meeting each year, the Outstanding Citizenship Award and the Women's Career Excellence Award.
The Outstanding Citizenship Award honors an individual who has proven himself/herself to be outstanding among his/her peers in the areas of professional competence, civic contribution and personal qualities. Judging will be by a committee of the Chamber of Commerce. The committee has the authority to select or not to select a recipient. Judging will be based on these factors:
- Success in chosen profession
- Volunteerism and community service
- Personal qualities including highest ethical and moral standards
Deadline for 2017 nominations is Thursday, September 14th. Apply now!
The Women’s Career Excellence Award recognizes the potential of all women as valued members and leaders of the community and recognizes those who support them. The Women’s Career Excellence Award honors individuals who strive toward the highest levels of professional accomplishment—women who excel in their chosen field, have devoted time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and who also open paths so that others may follow. Judging will be based on these factors:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Assist women in reaching their full leadership potential